Thursday, August 26, 2010

Angel's Dirty Lil Secret

Facial Cleansing Power House


I could probably open up a spa with the facial products on the counter of my bathroom. If a sales person shows me something ordinary like a face wash, and tells me it does something extraordinary like combats acne, reverses the signs of aging, evens the skin tone, or protects the skin from free radical break down, I’m sold. I’ll be the first to admit, not all of my investments were money well spent. In fact most of the products on my counter are pretty ordinary and the only thing that was every extraordinary about them was the price. Late 2007 Origins developed this product called Clean Energy...an extraordinary face wash that is playfully priced.

Now let me explain this little wonder in a bottle, when it first hit the shelves in September 2007 it tweaked my curiosity, but I refused to buy. Because it’s an oil face wash I couldn’t imagine spreading it over my already oily skin. I would pass that Origins counter every day, pick up the bottle and read it’s claim to fame “Gentle cleansing oil” “...removes dirt, makeup and pollutants with high efficiency.” “...massage onto dry skin...Add warm water to transform oil to milky lotion.” It sounded good, but it felt and looked like Crisco cooking oil and just the sight of it made my pores clog.

One day I was at the Origins counter testing their eyeshadow pigment on the back of my hand, I needed something that would remove the eyeshadow and it’s residue completely. A little braver that day, I massaged two drops of the Clean Energy onto back of my hand. I watched as the traces of that Midnight Blue eyeshadow seemed to disappear. I squirted a little water on my hand and watched in awe as that cleansing oil did an extraordinary metamorphous into a milk. I wiped the excess away with a tissue and stroked the back of my hand. To my astonishment, there was no oily residue left behind, just clean, supple, soft skin. It was amazing, it had dissolved the makeup and left my skin feeling breathable and soft. It’s rare to fine a product that’ll actually do what it say’s it’ll do. Did I buy it that day? No, that was just the back of my hand and not my oily face.

Again, I returned to Origins, this time in need of their kindness. I was going out to a club that night, and I would be sleeping over at my girlfriends house. Unfortunately for me, I forget my nighttime cleanser at home. Now I know what you’re thinking, why couldn’t I just use a cleanser at my friends house? Well, she uses bar soap, and that is not acceptable. I needed something that would cleanse my skin, remove my makeup, and that could be done quickly because at four in the morning who wants to spend a lot of time washing their face. Because it’s wise to sample before you buy, I took a little sample dram of the Clean Energy.

Everything Clean Energy did to the back of my hand it also did to my face. My pores were not left clogged, it removed my waterproof mascara with great ease, and was even gentle enough that it didn’t irritate or sting my eyes. It was so fabulous that the next morning I went out and purchased it. You only need two pumps to clean your entire face and one bottle can last me a year. The best part of it all is that it’s playfully priced at $18.50 how can you beat that. It’s great for all skin types including sensitive. I encourage you to buy this product, or simply sample it, you’ll see what I mean. It’s genius in a bottle.

Want to know a filthy dirty secret? I use this cleaning oil to cleanse my makeup brushes. It breaks down and dissolved stubborn built-up makeup gunk in seconds. Try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment